Saturday, July 7, 2012

Psalms 13

Psalms 13



1 How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?

    How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts 
    and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
    How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
    Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, 
4 and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him, ”
    and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love; 
    my heart rejoices in your salvation. 
6 I will sing the Lord’s praise,
    for he has been good to me.




This is one of my favorite psalms. I know sometimes I've felt like God wasn't listening. And eleven months ago when I lost a friend, who I'd only known for one week, I had so much sorrow in heart. But lately God has been showing me how much I have to be thankful for. Amazing friends who have encouraged and supported me these past months, that I actually got to know Jimmy for that one week, and so much more. God truly has been good to me.

1 comment:

  1. I love verse 5 so much. Thank you for posting, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete